While searching for a learning management system you always want to find one that gives you the most control over how the course is presented to your students. With the DigitalChalk learning management system, we give you ultimate control over every step of the course creation process, even down to how and when the elements are available to the students.
Course element availability can ensure that students are presented the content in the correct order, and that nothing important will be overlooked, or you can let them view the content in whichever order the student would prefer – it’s up to you!
The elements will be displayed in order from how they were created – if needed, you can adjust where each element is placed in the course by using the 3 horizontal lines to the left of the element title to drag them to the appropriate spot.
There are a number of options for you to choose from:
- Available after all previously required elements are complete (default setting)
- Currently available to all students
- Available after all previously required elements are complete
- After some amount of elapsed time
- Available after the previous element is complete
- Available after every previous element is complete
- Available after every previous element is passed
- Currently unavailable to all students who have not already taken it
- Available as soon as the previous element is available
*Helpful hint: Setting the element availability is done at the individual element level.