An LMS is a learning management system software application that administrates, documents, tracks, and reports the delivery of online education. Simply put, it’s the online platform that delivers and manages instructional content.
Let’s say that you’ve authored a course that you’d like to place online for the world to see…and hopefully, purchase! Just as retailers need locations from which to market goods online and off, you’d need your own “location” online to host and sell your courses. That’s the purpose of an LMS. Think of it as the location where you author your courses (often employing a course editing tool), place your courses online, sell your courses, track who purchases them including the ability to generate detailed reports about sales generated. It’s a turnkey authoring, marketing, and administrative system.
Just who needs an LMS today?—Anyone who has courses to sell, training to deliver, and wants to offer students the flexibility of accessing e-learning opportunities on their own time tables 24/7. If launching an online course is in your future, YOU need an LMS!
Why DigitalChalk is Your Best Bet LMS
We’re prepared to convince you. Check out the advantages you’ll reap by teaming with DigitalChalk as your LMS:
- A dynamic course editing suite to launch your courses online in record time
- Fully-integrated shopping cart to take the headaches out of e-commerce
- Pay-as-you-go pricing with no monthly subscription fees, ever
- Logo and theme branding, customizable certificates, and secure online testing
- iPad and tablet compatible, anytime, anywhere
- Training and tech support beyond compare!
Convinced? Great. Your next step is a no-obligation live product demonstration.